24-Credit Graduation Requirements Implementation Workshops
New webinar option: April 19, 2016 at 2:00 pm.
Final workshop: Monday, April 18 in Vancouver (1:00 pm – 3:30 pm)
Join the Washington State Board of Education for a free workshop for educators about implementing Washington’s 24-credit graduation requirement.
We’ve partnered with ESDs and educators across Washington to offer these workshops to administrators implementing the 24-credit graduation requirements. Topics will include:
- 24-Credit Graduation Requirements: Background, Challenges, Flexibility
- Credit Retrieval and Competency-Based Crediting
- Counseling/High School and Beyond Plans/Personalized Pathway Requirements
This is an opportunity to talk with State Board of Education staff about what the Board can do to support district efforts to implement new graduation requirements.
- What are your greatest concerns and challenges to implementing the 24-credit requirements?
- Do you have practices or strategies for implementing to share?
- What questions do you have for the State Board?
- What could State Board members and staff do to help districts implement the 24-credit requirements?
More workshops may be offered based on demand. We encourage you to attend in-person, although K20 access is available at ESD locations. Register for the location of your choice by clicking the link below.
Tuesday, February 2 in Pasco WORKSHOP IS FULL (9:00 – 11:30 am)
For K20: Kuniko Votaw Tuesday, February 23 in Spokane (3:30 pm – 6:00 pm)
For K20: April Bylsma
Spokane 24-Credit Graduation Requirements
- Tuesday, March 22 in Tumwater (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
For K20: Carrie Sherman
- Monday, March 28 in Renton WORKSHOP IS FULL (1:00 pm – 3:30 pm)
For K20: Kathy Linden
- Wednesday, March 30 in Shoreline (9:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Wednesday, March 30 in Shoreline WORKSHOP IS FULL (1:00 pm – 3:30 pm)
For K20, please use the contacts above, or contact your local technology specialist. Questions about the workshops? Contact Linda Drake, Director of Career- and College-Ready Initiatives.
Alissa Muller, SBE Communications Manager, (360) 725-6501