To join the SBE email list (including topics like mastery-based learning, accountability and recognition, and more), visit our GovDelivery page.
Note: The State Board office does not oversee the issuance of educator licenses or certificates, General Educational Development (GED) test results or high school transcripts. The Board does not receive copies of any student records.
- For assistance in resolving issues or concerns between families and schools, please contact the Washington State Governor’s Office of the Education Ombuds at 866-297-2597.
- For special education concerns, contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction's Special Education Team at 360-725-6075.
- For GED test results, contact the Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges at 360-704-4400.
- For high school transcripts, contact the school district or educational institution from which the student graduated or attended.
- For educator licenses and certificates, please contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s Certification Department at 360-725-6400.
- For an issue regarding a college, professional/technical school, or university, contact the Washington Student Achievement Council at 360-753-7800.
To submit a public records request, please follow the instructions at the virtual Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction Public Records Request Center. The State Board of Education follows the Public Records Act regarding disclosure of our public records.
PO Box 47206
600 Washington ST SE
Olympia, WA 98504-7206
Media inquiries: contact Stephanie Davidsmeyer at 360.725.6035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.