How to Update Private School Information
Please use the Private School Change of Information Form if your Head of School, location, or additional contact has changed since you submitted your previous year’s Private School Approval Application. Submitting this form alerts the State Board of Education concerning changes at your school, which will ensure continuity of communication from state agencies.
- Note: submitting a Change of Information Form does not automatically, electronically update your information. Forms are reviewed and processed twice each month, on or near the 1st and 15th, and State Board of Education records are updated at that time. Changes to your head of school or additional contacts will be reflected in OSPI's EDS system within a week of processing, while changes to your address may take longer.
- Save your building code in a safe location, as you will need it for both SBE and OSPI reporting.
- Save your confirmation email after you have submitted a Change of Information Form.
- Log in to the Change of Information form only once.
- If you have misplaced your confirmation email and would like to verify that the changes you registered have been processed, please contact Nicole Mulhausen OR log into your EDS account.
- If you must access the form after reporting a Head of School change, you will still use the Head of School email address from your Approval Application. Your username does not automatically update in the Change of Information form itself. After forms are processed and both SBE and OSPI files are updated, new username(s) will be loaded into the system.
- Note that your login credentials will be the same for all SBE processes:
- Enrollment Reporting
- Private School Approval
- Change of Information
How do I log in?
You will access the online Private School Change of Information Form with these credentials:
- Username: The email address of your Head of School indicated on your 2022 - 2023 Approval Application.
- Password: Your School's Building Code.
Why can’t I change the name of our school on this form?
Name changes are processed once each year during the spring Approval Application process.
- Note that schools with name changes will log in to the Renewing Private School Application to indicate the new and previous names of the school.
Why can’t I access the form?
The Change of Information form is disabled during the Approval Application window. Each spring changes for the upcoming school year will be reported directly in the Approval Application.
To alert the State Board of your school's closure, please use the Private School Closure Form.