The Washington State Board of Education (SBE) annually collects private school enrollment data.
The official count day for the private schools is October 1, 2021. The enrollment data you provide to the SBE should reflect the official school enrollment as of that date. Please provide responses to all of the required questions and submit your school enrollment data to the SBE before the close of business on November 15, 2021.
What information will I need to provide?
As we have done in the past, the SBE is asking you to provide the number of students in each grade by race/ethnicity, using the race/ethnicity groups specified in federal regulations per federal and state guidance. Those race/ethnicity groups include the following:
- Native American or Alaskan Native
- Black/African American
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- White, Non-Hispanic
- Two or More Races
You will be provided with the option to identify the number of students in each grade served for which you do not know the race/ethnicity.
Last year we learned that some schools do not collect or did not know the race/ethnicity of some or all students. For these cases, you should include these students in the group for which the race ethnicity is unknown.
What is different this year?
- You will log in to complete the form. To expedite this process, much of the data has been prefilled. Logging in eliminates the need to complete the survey in one sitting. Your information will automatically be saved. When you return to the survey, you will be taken to the page where you left off, but you'll still be able to go back to previous pages if you need to make changes. Note: Once you complete and submit the form, you will not be able to return to make changes
- If your school has multiple campuses, each school will log in and report separately.
How do I log in?
- Username: Head of School email address
- Password: Your School's Building Code
Where do I find my school's building code?
- Please use the EDS directory information to look up building codes to confirm your unique code for each campus.
- The school code can be found in OSPI EDS Directory Information.
- Use the "Organization Category" dropdown box to select Private School.
- Use the "Organization Name" text field to enter the name of the school, then the result of that search will populate in the lower part of that page.
- On the left-hand side of the search results, you will see the name of the school followed by the school code in parentheses.
- Enter the school code found in the parentheses.
Trouble logging in?
- Contact Nicole Mulhausen, PrivateSchools@k12.wa.us.
Technical glitches with the application itself?
- Alchemer Support | Alchemer Help
We understand that school staff are very busy this time of year and the SBE appreciates your efforts in completing this necessary task.