Composition of the Board will include 16 members:
- 5 members elected by public school directors - 2 in eastern Washington, 3 in western Washington
- 1 member at-large elected by private schools
- The superintendent of public instruction
- 7 members appointed by the governor
- 2 student members selected by the Association of Washington Student Leaders Student Steering Committee
All members except student members are voting members.
The following positions are on the ballot:
- Eastern Region Position 1 - incumbent MJ Bolt
- Western Region Position 3
- Private School Representative (statewide)
Learn more about the board and regions on our page dedicated to the topic.