2020 Board Meeting Dates, Locations, and Materials*
|January 15-16||ESD 113||Tumwater|
|June 17 - Work Session||Zoom||Online|
January 15-16, Tumwater/Olympia
- REVISED agenda
- November Meeting Minutes
- November Community Forum Minutes
- Agenda: January Board Meeting
- Executive Director Update and Mastery-based Learning Report
- Staffing Enrichment Work Group
- Committee and Member Updates
- Equity Statement and Summit Planning
- High School Graduation Forecast and 2019 Recap
- High School Diploma and Pathways Report
- Phase II School Recognition
- Basic Education Update
- Legislative Kick-off
- Business Items
- Full Board Meeting Packet
- Charter School Update
March 11-12, Tacoma
ZOOM Recording Day 1 (part 1)
Agenda items include: Board Norms, Washington School Improvement Framework, School Recognition
ZOOM Recording Day 1 (part 2)
Agenda items include: Required Action Districts, Private Schools, Student Presentation
ZOOM Recording of Day 2
Agenda items include: Legislative Update, and approval of waivers and temporary waivers
- Tribal History, Past Meeting Minutes
- Executive Director Update
- Board Committees
- Board Norms
- Washington School Improvement Framework
- Required Action District Recommendations
- School Recognition
- Legislative Update
- Legislative Update PowerPoint (Updated March 12)
- HS Diploma and Pathways
- Private Schools
- Temporary Waivers
March 26, Special Board Meeting
The State Board of Education worked with partners to review different scenarios and considerations to ensure Emergency Waiver Program rules effectively support students, schools, and communities. The Board held a Special Meeting at 1:30 – 3:30 on Thursday, March 26, to review the documents and get a link to the discussion recording, visit the SBE blog.
April 8, Special Board Meeting
The Board approved emergency rules to adopt the Emergency Waiver Program to allow districts flexibility during the COVID-19 school building closures. Find documents and a link to the recording on the SBE blog.
Links related to special Board Meeting agenda topics:
- OSPI Bulletin 024-20 (provides school districts with a framework for continuing instruction and learning during school closures, released March 24)
- OSPI Bulletin 022-20 (guidance for long-term school closures released March 20)
- Washington State Council of Presidents, Independent Colleges of Washington Fall 2020 College Admissions Statement
Find supporting PDFs in the Board Packet section below.
April 21, Special Board Meeting
The State Board of Education held a special meeting Tuesday, April 21 to review and approve the first round of applications in the Emergency Waiver Program. Find the TVW recording of the session online.
May 13-14, Virtual Meeting
- TVW broadcast (Day 1) - Welcome/call to order, Consent Agenda, Executive Director Update, Member/Committee Updates, COVID-19 Updates, High School Diploma and Pathway Requirements, public comment, Student Voice.
- Zoom recording (Day 1)
- TVW broadcast (Day 2) - Welcome/call to order, Board Evaluation Discussion, Private School Approvals, Waivers of Credit-based Graduation Requirements and Implementation of SB 6521, Legislative Wrap-up and Interim Planning, public comment, Business Items.
- Zoom recording (Day 2)
*Please note: community forums are always the day before the Board meeting begins.