You are here

Home » Our Work » Private Schools » EDS Access

EDS Access

User Roles in EDS
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Customer Support assigns user roles to EDS accounts. Note that there is a review period prior to any roles being assigned. If private school personnel need access to EDS to complete a necessary report required by OSPI or to fulfill other needs, please have the Head of School email with the following information:

  • Name of person needing access
  • EDS Username of person needing access
  • Date of birth of person needing access
  • Organization name
  • Application(s) they need access to

Head of School Changes and Updates

If there has been a change in the Head of School since your last Approval Application was submitted, please complete the online Private School Change of Information Form, and we will update the private school approval list with the name of your Head of School.

If the intended user, typically the Head of School, does not already have an EDS account, one should be created prior to requesting a user role by visiting the main EDS page and selecting the “create an account” tab.

NOTE: Generic email addresses (such as are unacceptable due to EDS data security measures. You will need to use an address that is unique to the individual (such as

How to Find Your School Building Code

Please use the EDS directory information to look up building codes to confirm your unique code for each campus. 

  • Log in to EDS as usual, then choose “Search Education Directory”
  • Use the "Organization Category" dropdown box to select Private School.
  • Use the "Organization Name" text field to enter the name of the school, then the result of that search will populate in the lower part of that page.
  • On the left-hand side of the search results, you will see the name of the school followed by the school code in parentheses.